The goal of the Orleans United Drug Free Communities Coalition is to establish and strengthen community collaboration in support of local efforts to prevent youth substance use in Orleans County. The Coalition will achieve its goals by implementing these strategies:
- Build a Coalition to make a concerted effort to reduce alcohol, tobacco, marijuana, and prescription drug use among youth.
- Use environmental strategies to limit the availability of alcohol to youth.
- Foster a collaborative effort among law enforcement agencies to address underage alcohol and drug use.
- Educate youth about dangers of alcohol, tobacco, marijuana and prescription drug use.
- Educate parents about dangers of alcohol, tobacco, marijuana, and prescription drug use.
- Provide a caring community atmosphere that increases protective factors and reduces risk.