Why do Project Sticker Shock?
What does the Project Entail?
- Project Sticker Shock is a community awareness campaign intended to address youth access to alcohol and community norms that support not providing alcohol to minors.
- This activity is used to help remind store clerks as well as adults purchasing alcohol that providing alcohol to youth that are under the age of 21 is illegal.
- The project unites youth, alcohol retailers, teachers, parents, law enforcement and community members in striving for a common goal
- With the cooperation of local alcohol retailers, youth place stickers on multi-packs of alcohol (beer, wine coolers, etc.).
- The message on the sticker includes legal information about providing alcohol to minors in hopes of preventing adults from purchasing for underage youth.
- This projects impact is increased by media coverage and signs that participating alcohol retailer’s display of the Project Sticker Shock Campaign.
The Laws and Consequences
- It is illegal for anyone under 21 to consume or possess any alcoholic beverage.
- It is illegal for any person 21 or older to purchase or provide alcohol to anyone
- Upon conviction, violations of this section result in a Class 1 misdemeanor, punishable with fines up to $1,000 and/or one year in jail.
- Newsletter -